Briefing/debriefing Le Mans, 24/06

25 Jui 2019 11:23 #142894 par Antoine
Papy62 je te pousse au premier tour? Si c’est le cas je suis vraiment navré toute mes plates excuses envers toi et merci à tous pour cette dernière manche je serais avec vous pour la rentrée promis ??

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

25 Jui 2019 11:29 #142895 par Charlie
Par contre si ce champ est reconduit, il faut absolument conserver les voitures modifiées pour Le Mans... L'écart réduit pour les Mazda les rend plus intéressantes.. et compétitives.

25 Jui 2019 12:01 #142896 par Serious_Mick
Ce n'était pas le premier tour.
Mon but n'était pas de gagner 1 seconde mais d'être proche pour le doubler en sortie de chicane car j'ai constaté que ma voiture était plus rapide a l'accélération mais très légèrement moins en pointe.
que faire si j'étais a la place de papy ? Pour éviter une poussette (freiné de manière progressive ?)
Tu avais quoi en réglage ailerons ? Sans doute moins que moi pour freiner si tôt. (Moi 5 & 6)
Je suis désolé papy, ce n'est pas ce que je voulais.

25 Jui 2019 12:04 - 25 Jui 2019 12:05 #142897 par David.V

Serious_Mick écrit: Tu avais quoi en réglage ailerons ? Sans doute moins que moi pour freiner si tôt. (Moi 5 & 6)
Je suis désolé papy, ce n'est pas ce que je voulais.

Alors tu as donné une partie de l'équation qui explique un peu ta situation. Avec ce réglage, tu avais sans doute une voiture plus efficace en courbe et en sortie de courbe donc. Mais tu avais plus de mal en pointe. Je suis presque sur que les VSR roulaient avec moins que ça (surement un 5-4 ou un 4-3). Par conséquent, Papy freinait oui surement bien plus tôt que toi.

25 Jui 2019 12:08 #142898 par Charlie
Perso j'avais 0 avant et arrière avec la Mazda... Obligatoire si on veut rester dans la course dans les Hunaudières...

25 Jui 2019 12:15 #142899 par David.V
Oui je fais référence à des réglages sur la Sauber car en effet, les autres voitures avaient des réglages fort différents :-)

Sur la Sauber, rouler en 0-0 aurait été suicidaire :D

25 Jui 2019 17:17 - 25 Jui 2019 17:27 #142902 par Alvaro
Great place to finish the championship. Despite the introduced chicanes, Le Mans still has a lot of 'old times' flavour, and I find it is one of the most difficult to really drive on the limit. Braking zones are tough because you must turn and brake at the same time, while reference points and car balance change from lap to lap because there is a different fuel amount, tyre temperature, etc,... The fact that we must use low downforce setups makes it even more frightening, the vehicle feels lighter, like it is going to fly at every place. And that is great.

I wasn't very sure of what might happen this time. Some new contenders with fast cars, start in the middle of the night,... I had to make my room totally dark and put a black shirt to avoid any light reflection in the monitor and have decent visibility conditions. I also think headlights light is very narrow and lacks power for long distances, i don't know whether this happens with all RF2 cars...

In the good side, i only needed a 9th place to win the championship, but in the other hand I also wanted to achieve a good result to show i also can win against fast cars. I needed to do a perfect strategy and wait for others to be in trouble.
After some testing i noticed Le Mans needs power to be fast. That seems obvious, but i mean that a fuel saving strategy is not so effective here, because you lose a lot of time in the straights compared to other tracks. However, with pit speed limited to 58kph, it is also a waste of time to drive the pit lane. Then i decided to stop only one time and go as fast as possible while being on track, without saving a drop. Turbo 4 was the position to rely on.

The start of the race was not very promising. I received some touches and had difficulties to find the grip. David v.Mullem and DanaSmoky stole my position, while Charlie was knocking the door behind. Jezza, Alan Moore, Bendx were very far in front, well, i thought perhaps i will not see them in the whole race, but at least i was in good place to defend the championship, and that improved when I saw David crashed on the Porsche curves. I also had lots of accidents there while practicing, doesn't feel good, i was extremely cautious to not do the same and also to save tyre wear because soft tyres suffer a lot that bumpy fast section.

After some laps I escaped from Charlie and started to catch some contenders in front. I overtook easily because I probably used less draggy settings, but using draft and a bit of extra turbo you can arrive to the chicane at +20 kph, and that's not something to be relaxed about.
The early day lights also don't help at some of the blind corners, with the only reference of the left wall and a second later you touch a kerb at 250kph. Danger! That's what true racing needs, right?

I saw in the replay the crash between Jezza and Bendx. It was exactly the same lap i had to enter pits, half of the race. I was very focused on driving the pit entrance and had no idea what happened and really didn't see Bendx when he improvisated to enter pits. I only remember i saw 'something' moving on my side, i guess yellow color was confused in the sun shine and the yellow adverts, i don't know. Anyway it was just a additional touch, happily mechanics didn't event noticed and didn't lose time to repair that.
I didn't know what happened outside or what was race situation. For the first time in the championship I put a full tank of fuel, had some drink and while sweating wildly got ready to fight for what I could be offered.

The new situation was better than before. I was prosecuting Bendx for the lead while Jezza and Moore lost some ground. With the morning light i was much more confident to push and managed to get close to Bendx. I turned off lights and prepared for some encounters.
I was worried about fuel and saved some, while waiting for any mistake, but he didn't make any. He wasn't very fast in the straights, so i was almost forced to attack. Tried the outside at Indianapolis... but I wasn't convinced of his intention, uhm, perhaps not the best place to be a hero. Ok, will see later, let's give engine, tyres and heart beat a break..
I made another effort to reach him, especially because Alan Moore was approaching very fast behind, probably using big loads of boost. That was something i couldn't afford, i had the minimum fuel to end, and actually i wasn't even sure of that, i just tried to do my best pushing tyres, but the left side were very worn and reaching high temperatures at Porsche curves... Bendx didn't put much opposition at the second straight. In fact, he lifted like it was a regular road. Thanks for that.. now i will try to finish the race if i can..

Last 3 laps were very long, i had to do very fine fuel management to reach the end. I guess Bendx would be confused to see I couldn't move faster, but he had some kind of trouble, too. So finally I resisted and had a very satisfying win, while he and Alan struggled noisily at my back.
Well, this race wasn't so physically demanding as Mexico, but I sweated much more. I guess those high speeds make everything in the car very hot. That's the heat of speed!

Temps de génération de la page : 0.584 secondes
Propulsé par Kunena