Briefing/debriefing Magny-Cours, 20/05

24 Mai 2019 14:56 - 24 Mai 2019 14:58 #142693 par Alvaro

[VSR]DanaSmoky écrit: ...
i could see that you are not bad on the rain too, 3 seconds per lap, a punishment for all of us !
I think you have a secret but it's secret.... so i'll try to find it the next two races.

I observed qualifying replay. By the turbo sound and accelerations I think this case i simply used higher turbo than most of you. I used a fixed 9th position, (with maximum radiator to avoid smoke) which is not easy to handle in the wet, but much faster once you get the traction.
Your top speed on qualy was low. Did you use a Lean mixture? That's safer for novice drivers, but you need more power to be competitive.

The only "secret" in the Sauber which you should be careful is the rear ride height setting. Depending on rear ride height you can achieve a different top speed. That's important on tracks with long straights.
I uploaded my race setups so you can check ride heights and everything. My race setups are not very different than default setup, but they are adapted to use low turbo positions (shorter gears, smaller radiators, smaller brake ducts, slightly lower rear height).

I also recommend being careful with steering angle. For every speed and load there is a optimum slip angle where the tyre produces maximum lateral force.
If you exceed the optimum slip angle (if you steer too much) the tyre will produce less grip (it will understeer on corner entry).
And actually that leads to produce oversteer on corner exit when you apply power, because your steering must do a longer travel to reduce input which causes the oversteer.
Try to not steer too much on corner entry, and start to reduce steering input just a moment before power is applied. This way perhaps you will improve grip management on both corner entry and exit.

I also don't recommmend using too long gears because turbo lag can you make lose a lot of time. Throttle response must be as fast as possible, and actually is also easier to control.

I hope that helps. Don't hesitate to ask any question.

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

24 Mai 2019 15:41 #142694 par David.V
I used less of turbo to. I was in turbo 5 or 6 I think for qualy but with mixture 2.

24 Mai 2019 17:02 #142695 par Alvaro

bendx écrit:
I have to admit, I have no idea when I should have changed tires with the Porsche. So I didn't change at all...

With only 5 laps to go it probably was a good decision.

Actually... you lost around 38 seconds entering pits to refuel. Just with a bit more of fuel saving you could have arrived without stop and win the race!! :whistle:

24 Mai 2019 17:10 #142696 par Alvaro

David.V écrit: I used less of turbo to. I was in turbo 5 or 6 I think for qualy but with mixture 2.

I see, and you used long gears while cornering, which have bigger turbo lag ;) .

30 Mai 2019 20:19 #142712 par bendx
Pour Mexico, que disent les météorologues ?

Présent normalement, sauf si ma femme accouche entre temps... XD

31 Mai 2019 22:45 #142713 par CedricH
la météo sera clémente pour Mexico !

01 Jui 2019 16:02 #142714 par Alvaro
A Mexico race setup is uploaded

Temps de génération de la page : 0.234 secondes
Propulsé par Kunena