Briefing/debriefing Magny-Cours, 20/05

22 Mai 2019 20:25 #142674 par bendx
Dans mes souvenirs le Peraltada n'était pas incliné dans le GP1 de Geoff Crammond... Il parait complètement fou en l'état ! XD

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

22 Mai 2019 21:10 #142675 par CedricH
Fou? oui !

22 Mai 2019 22:00 #142676 par DanaSmoky
Salut les pilotes.

Bon les qualifs sous la pluie ce n'est pas mon fort visiblement, il faut que je bosse dessus...
Départ 7eme (c'est moins pire que je pensai). Je remonte a la 3eme place et ressorts 7eme après mon premier arrêt.
Chaussés de pluie et sans remettre d'essence, l'objectif était d'aller un peu après la mi-course pour 2eme arrêt.
Je cravache autant que faire ce peu et récupère la 4eme place. La trajectoire sèche et malgré une piste encore bien trempée je décide de passer les R500.
Mais au moment de programmer mon arrêt je suis percuté par Ray Moulad et sort de la piste droit dans le mur (rien à faire moteur HS).
Dommage... Ray, tu avais le temps de passer et pas l'obligation de te rabattre sur moi comme tu l'as fait.
La prochaine fois quand tu doubles, essais de garder une ligne parallèle a l'autre pilote c'est mieux.
De plus, il y a aussi Crew Chief qui peut te donner des indications sur qui est a droite ou a gauche.

Bon c'est pas grave...mais fait gaffe quand même :)

Le bon coté de la chose c'est que... 0 c'est mon moins bon résultat et donc je marque malgré tout 20 points.

@bientôt sur la piste.
Pièces jointes :

22 Mai 2019 22:08 - 22 Mai 2019 22:08 #142677 par CedricH

[VSR]DanaSmoky écrit: De plus, il y a aussi Crew Chief qui peut te donner des indications sur qui est a droite ou a gauche.

Oui, vital !

[/quote]

[VSR]DanaSmoky écrit: Le bon coté de la chose c'est que... 0 c'est mon moins bon résultat et donc je marque malgré tout 20 points.

ça c'est le verre à moitié plein, le verre à moitié vide c'est que tu n'as plus de joker pour les courses suivantes !

23 Mai 2019 02:44 - 23 Mai 2019 02:52 #142678 par Alvaro
First of all, congratulations to VSR team for their win at Le Mans 6 hours. Well done!

I know Magny Cours since time ago, by Crammond's F1GP and GP2. But I raced it very few times in rFactor age, perhaps never, i don't remember....
I liked how the weather was continued after qualifying in the warm up and race beginning. If qualy weather is very different than race weather it is less immersive to me, because weather can't change dramatically in just 1 minute!! So i liked how we did it this time.
About qualifying, I was surprised to obtain 3 seconds of advantage over the second classified. Well, that felt good, but possibly i was a bit too confident and relaxed because of that. However, variable race conditions would require lots of concentration...

We have good meteorologists who help us planify the race. Probably i still didn't choose best strategy, though. None of the C11 drivers chose same strategy to face this race, interestingly...
I think i was right to choose intermediates to start the race, because it was not raining and track dries very fast. Intermediate was good to resist until the next rain.
David V. followed me for some laps, but as soon as a drier path appeared he started to lose pace. I supposed he mounted full wet tyres, which should be melting on themselves and I was right.
Actually, even my intermediate tyres were overheating a little bit, but around lap 9 it started to rain again and they calmed down.
Lap by lap raining amount increased. It is not easy to be fast when every time you arrive a corner the surface is different than it was the previous lap. In the good side, i was using a minimum turbo position which is better to control the vehicle on low grip conditions, and low fuel consumption means that car weight also changes more slowly, so that handling feels more predictable in that sense.

I tried to drive with the intermediate in the heavy rain, as i did at Monza, trying to save a pit stop, but this time rain was much longer, I think I lost too much time...
It was dark and visibility reduced a lot. Some times I encountered cars appearing from nowhere (Cedric). Alan Moore reached my position and i didn't put much resistance. With the ice cold rubbers in my feet i had enough with mantaining the car inside the track and not fall into hidden penalizations! He took the lead and opened a wide gap while I struggled aquaplanning.

(...)

Finally rain stopped and some sun light filtered on the sky. After surviving the hell of water, old intermediates (still the same of the race start) reactivated and I pushed with more confidence. I was leader again because of Bendx and Alan Moore stops, and drove many laps, waiting for the track to dry and put a slick to finish the race. It was another mistake to wait so much. Probably i should have changed tyres around 5-6 laps earlier, the slick was already faster than worn intermediates.
I entered boxes with big impatience,... they put me too much fuel and Alan Moore was very close... I heard his Porsche passing by goal straight and accelerated to be out again. Thanks to race replay I noticed that I almost collect Papy62 when i was released from pits... Sorry, i didn't see or hear you at all!

It was time for a busy race ending, especially after Aste spin in front of me in lap 47, who I avoided miraculously... Well, with new slick tyres i was much faster than Alan Moore, but since i used a very high turbo i repeatedly missed some brake points (3 times at the modern variant) and lost precious seconds.
Finally, with around 1.5 laps to go I managed to be behind Alan Moore, who had some problem on the spoon corner. While we tried to accelerate he suddenly spun in front of me and we both danced together to visit the wall.
Some spectators cried, some laughed,... Well, it was not time for explanations or comments, so i simply rejoined the race as soon as I could... Car felt strange initially, but good enough to escape and see chequered flag in first place. A nice reward after a really busy complicated race.

good luck everybody for the next! Merci beaucoup, salut

23 Mai 2019 03:26 #142679 par Alvaro
>>>>David V. : ""Comme il était prévu que la piste soit bien humide en début de course, je choisis de partir en full wet. ça semble être un bon choix au début puisque je suis presque aisément Alvaron les premiers tours de roue. Puis d'un coup, je sais pas ce qui se passe, je sens que j'ai bien moins de de grip ! Un rapide check à l'état des pneus m'annonce que je les ai déjà tué à 50% au moins pour certains d'entre eux ! Là je me pose des questions. Pourquoi sont ils déjà si usées? ""

Because there wasn't enough water in the track. In real life, rain tires compound is usually very soft and tread blocks generate lots of extra heat compared to a slick tire. That's why they dramatically overheat and wear when used on a dry road. However, if there is enough water on track, it reduces friction and refrigerates the tread quickly, so that they can last several laps.

It is advised on this mod's Manual. Sauber C11 rain compounds must fit with wetness on track to obtain optimum performance.
Sadly Rfactor 2 wetness indications are not very trustable when there are many cars on track. My advice is that you should check your cornering tyre temperatures. If tyres are working on their optimum temperatures then you are using a good compound for current wetness conditions.
(Remember that C11 Wet tyre optimum is around 60º, Intermediate 80º, Slick 100º).

I think best strategy for C11 in this race was Intermediate-Wet-Slick, or perhaps Wet-Slick but you should be very gentle with the wet tyre to not destroy it until the true rain arrived.

>>>>>""Et pourquoi les autres ne semblent pas souffrir ? ""

962 and 787 include a unique rain compound, but it is more versatile to drive on different conditions. That is probably an advantage on changin conditions like this time... I think best strategy at MAgny Course would be Rain-Slick ...

23 Mai 2019 06:56 - 23 Mai 2019 07:35 #142680 par DanaSmoky
Thank you alvaro for you congratulation, i had a very good team. Of1 was very strong and JC during the rain was just amazing.
i could see that you are not bad on the rain too, 3 seconds per lap, a punishment for all of us !
I think you have a secret but it's secret.... so i'll try to find it the next two races.

Temps de génération de la page : 3.655 secondes
Propulsé par Kunena

Prochaine manche

Aucune pour le moment.